Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Learning to Live

Chapter 1
I walk down a street and there's a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. It takes forever to get out. It's my fault.
Chapter 2
I walk down the same street. I fall in the hole again. It still takes a long time to get out. It's not my fault.
Chapter 3
I walk down the same street. I fall in the hole again. It's becoming a habit. It is my fault. I get out immediately.
Chapter 4
I walk down the same street and see the deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.
Chapter 5
I walk down a different street.

(By Sogyal Rinpoche, Tibetan Lama)

Note: There are many sites where this simple book of 5 Chapters appear. A Google search revealed that the earliest it was published was in Nov, 2003, at https://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20031102/spectrum/lessons.htm.
The source that mentioned the original author's name is: https://www.emofree.com/article-archive/inspiration/chapters-on-change-articles.html?Itemid=0, the website maintained by Gary Craig, the founder of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique.

No comments: